January 15, 2012

Eyes wide shut


It's been a week to come back to work. To relearn to say good bye to my free time. I'm aware how easy it is for me to come back to this way of living again, how habituated I am to put my attention on external objects and tasks, forgetting my personal needs.
It's like this picture, a present of a painter friend, Helio Gogar. I think it's unfair that so few people had the opportunity to enjoy it until now. It makes me reflect. That's the reason why I'd like to share it with you all: so that she ceases to be so alone and absent, so that her eyes are no longer so empty, so distant from her own beauty.


Una semana para volver al trabajo. Para reaprender a decir adiós al tiempo. Me doy cuenta de lo fácil que me resulta retomar esa dinámica, de lo acostumbrada que estoy a depositar mi atención en objetos y tareas externas y olvidarme de mis necesidades personales.
Es como esta menina, un regalo que me hizo mi amigo pintor Helio Gogar. Es injusto que tan pocas personas hayan podido contemplarla hasta ahora. Me hace reflexionar. Por eso me gustaría compartirla con vosotros: para que deje de estar tan sola y ausente, para que sus ojos dejen de estar tan vacíos, tan ajenos a su propia belleza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparte tu momento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...