April 16, 2012

More sights of Valencia

Sight of El Carmen neighbourhood

Sight of El Carmen neighbourhood

Sight of the El Carmen church tower
A picture in the restaurant Canela, where we were having a super nice lunch!!




San Valero church at Ruzafa neighbourhood




Easter has passed by without noticing, and I cannot tell what have I exactly been doing. I suppose that kind of feeling is the one you have when you are learning to live in a new place, and not only visiting it. Anyway, I have had the time to come back to places where I had already been, and also to know some new areas of the city, as El Carmen (with the exceptional guidance and hospitality of Beatriz, my host here), including a visit to the IVAM where an exhibition of contemporary aboriginal art was being held!! 
I inmediately remembered Liz (my Australian English teacher): if she'd have been there not only she'd have loved it, but also she'd probably have been able to explain all that stuff to us!!
Here you have some pics. I hope you'll like them!!  
La Semana Santa ha pasado sin que me diera cuenta, y no puedo deciros qué he estado haciendo exactamente. Supongo que esta sensación es la que se tiene cuando una está aprendiendo a vivir en una nueva ciudad, y no sólo visitándola. En cualquier caso, he tenido tiempo para volver a algunos lugares en los que ya había estado, y también para conocer algunas zonas nuevas de la ciudad, como el barrio del Carmen (con la guía y la hospitalidad excepcionales de Beatriz, la persona que está siendo mi anfitriona aquí), incluyendo una visita al IVAM, que acogía una muestra de arte aborigen contemporáneo!!
Me acordé the Liz (mi profesora australiana de inglés) inmediatamente: si ella hubiera estado allí, no sólo le habría encantado, sino que probablemente también habría podido explicarnos muchas cosas!!

Aquí os dejo algunas fotos. Espero que os gusten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparte tu momento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...