April 5, 2012

Outdated colors

Valencia Town Hall Square

Valencia Town Hall  Square at night



Detail of the square with the Post Office building

City Hall building

Post Office building

Last sunday I went to the film library again (although this time on my own) to see Nicholas Ray's film Johnny Guitar. It seems that I was in the mood of seeing everything through the eyes of a person born many years before I actually was, as you can appreciate if you look to the photos I took before and after the film...Don't you see the colors of another age? As if I had been in Valencia in the mid sixties or so. Or maybe is just my mind. Anyway, as I told a good friend a couple of days ago, I came back home with an amazing feeling of suprareality...

PS: This post is dedicated to my friend and work colleague Xelu, the owner of the idea of taking the pics from the top floor of the film library building. I have just put the technical requirements needed to perform it. Hope we have many more classic film sessions to enjoy together before I go!!

El domingo pasado volví a la filmoteca (aunque esta vez sola) para ver la película Johnny Guitar, de Nicholas Ray. Y parece que mi estado de ánimo me hacía verlo todo a través de los ojos de alguien que hubiera nacido muchos años antes que yo, como podréis apreciar en las fotos que hice antes y después de la peli...¿No veis los colores de otra época? Como si hubiese estado en la Valencia de mediados de los sesenta o por ahí. O puede que sea sólo mi mente. En cualquier caso, como le decía a un buen amigo hace un par de días, volví a casa con una increíble sensación de suprarrealidad...

PD: Este post está dedicado a mi amigo y compañero de trabajo Xelu, el dueño de la idea de hacer las fotos desde la última planta de la filmoteca. Yo sólo he puesto los medios técnicos necesarios para llevarla a cabo. Espero que tengamos por delante muchas más sesiones de cine clásico que disfrutar juntos antes de que me vaya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparte tu momento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...