February 14, 2012

Diseño al cubo




During my first contact with Valencia City I had time enough for a quite long walk around my prospective new neighbourhood and I realized I was on the real melting point of fashion and leisure. I found some alternative locals which were actually art galleries where you could have a delightful cup of whatever...
However, I specially loved a place called Diseño al Cubo, which was not a pub but an art and design gallery where creators of all sorts of beautiful things (from crafts to paintings, including catchpenny, bags made of recicled tins, clothes, etc) could expose and sell their work. Each creator is given a cube (I mean: a cubic space in a shelf) to show its production for a month. Then, the cubes must be delivered to new artists coming. In addition, they have a central space where they install the main gallery show. Each new show is celebrated with an opening ceremony which seems to attract a pretty good amount of interesting people around. You can see some images and learn more about this iniciative in www.disenoalcubo.com.
Finally, I'd like to show you the skull bracelet I bought: it was made by a girl called Patricia Fontes, whose brand name is Nipatinipami (Mediterranean Catchpenny). I kind of like the feeling of knowing who has created something I'm wearing...



Hope you all have had a pretty good monday: mine has been quite long but finally I could accomplish an amount of things to do before definitely leaving in a couple of days...
I promise to report all my new discoverings!!


Durante mi primer contacto con la ciudad de Valencia tuve tiempo suficiente para dar un paseo considerablemente largo por mi futuro nuevo barrio, y me di cuenta que estaba en lo más de lo más de la moda y el ocio. He encontrado algunos locales alternativos, que en realidad son galerías de arte donde te puedes tomar una deliciosa taza de lo que sea ...
Sin embargo, me gustó especialmente un lugar llamado Diseño al Cubo, que no es un bar sino una galería de arte y diseño donde creadores de todo tipo de cosas bellas (desde artesanías hasta pinturas, pasando por bisutería, bolsos hechos de latas recicladas, ropa, etc) pueden exponer y vender su trabajo. A cada creador se le asigna un cubo (quiero decir: un espacio cúbico en un estante) para mostrar su producción durante un mes. Luego, los cubos deben ser entregados a nuevos artistas. Además, la galería tienen un espacio principal donde se instala la exposición más importante. La inauguración se celebra con una fiesta que parece atraer a una buena cantidad de gente interesante alrededor. Podéis ver algunas imágenes y conocer más sobre esta iniciativa en  www.disenoalcubo.com.
Por último, me gustaría enseñaros la pulsera que compré: la hizo una chica llamada Patricia Fontes, (su marca es Nipatinipami (Bisutería Mediterránea)). Me gusta la sensación de saber quién ha creado algo que llevo ...
Espero que todos hayáis tenido un muy buen lunes: el mío ha sido bastante largo, pero al fin logré hacer unas cuantas cosas antes de mudarme definitivamente en un par de días ...
Prometo informaros de todos mis nuevos descubrimientos!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much!!!!
    It´s very kind of you!!
    Sorry, I haven't had the time to contact you.
    I hope everything is OK
    We´ll be in touch
    By the way, beatiful blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comparte tu momento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...