March 4, 2012

Sunday breakfast


Weird as it may seem, I love waking up early on Sunday. I love leaving out to the street knowing that the whole day is waiting to be lived. Then I feel as if I were where nobody else is, specially when I meet people returning home after having spent all the night out. I experience a kind of lucidness, as if everything was starting for me. So last sunday I gave myself a present doing exactly that: I bought the newspaper and a delicious sweet breakfast composed by some typical valencian cakes: xuxú (the longest one in the right, filled with cream),  a sweet potato cake (in the left front), some anise biscuits (the round ones in the front) and, well, a blueberries muffin filled with cheese cream (not so valencian, but it was so enticing that I couldn't resist).

Have a happy sweet Sunday!!



Por extarño que pueda parecer, me encanta levantarme pronto los domingos. Adoro salir a la calle sabiendo que tengo el día entero por delante. Entonces me siento como si estuviese en un lugar en el que no hay nadie más, sobre todo cuando me encuentro con gente que vuelve a casa después de haber salido toda la noche. Experimento una especie de lucidez, como si todo estuviese empezando para mí. Así que el domingo pasado me regalé ese momento: compré el periódico y un delicioso y dulce desayuno a base de pastelillos típicos valencianos: el xuxú (el más largo a la derecha, va relleno de crema), un pastel de boniato (al frente a la izquierda), unas rosquillas de anís (las redonditas al frente) y bueno, una muffin de arándanos rellena de crema de queso (no muy valenciana, pero tan apetecible que no me pude resistir).

Que tengáis un feliz y dulce domingo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparte tu momento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...